Friday, October 16, 2020

The Lord Stands Beside Me

 Scripture:

“But the Lord stands beside me like a great warrior. Before him my persecutors will stumble. They cannot defeat me. They will fail and be thoroughly humiliated. Their dishonor will never be forgotten.”  Jeremiah‬ ‭20:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah was ranting about the destruction of God’s people and how God was going to destroy them.  He was frustrated with being a prophet and speaking the word of the Lord because it was always bad news and nobody wanted to hear what he had to say.  He would rather not speak, but couldn’t hold the word of the Lord inside.  He came to the realization that the LORD stands beside him and that God would cause those who persecute him to stumble.  He knew in his heart that God would defend him for speaking on God’s behalf.

Application:

When we speak the word of the Lord, the Lord will defend us much better than we cold ever defend ourselves.  I need to walk in confidence that the LORD is standing beside me, even when I feel persecuted.  I want to walk by faith and fulfill the will of God in my life, then trust Him to fight my battles.  There is a great warrior standing beside me.  I need to act like it.

Prayer:

Father, let me see You as the great warrior who is standing next to me, ready to deliver problems to my enemies.  Help me to walk by faith and to know You are fighting my battles and that You have my back. Let me walk in confidence every day that You are with me and that no weapon formed against me will prosper.  Teach me to trust You more.  Show me the way forward and help me to walk in it.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment