Friday, October 9, 2020

Wisdom, Righteousness, and Devotion

 Scripture:

“And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God,”. ‭‭Titus‬ ‭2:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage we are told to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures.  These were the things we did in our past and they are unfruitful for our lives.  Rather, we are told, we should live with wisdom, righteousness and devotion to God.  These attributes will bring about the best in our lives.

Application:

Wisdom comes from God who is the all-wise one.  He knows exactly what we need to do in every situation.  Righteousness is right standing with God.  He makes us righteous, not by our works, but my the blood of Jesus Christ.  The first two things here come from God.  He gives wisdom and righteousness comes from Him.  The last thing is up to us.  Our devotion to God comes from a decision in our lives to live lives that are devoted to Him.  Our devotion is on us.  We have a part to play.  As we seek to be devoted to the Lord, He will give wisdom and make us righteous.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible and I love You more every day.  Thank You for sharing with me this morning.  Help me to live a devoted life of obedience to You and Your will in my life.  Teach me to be wise and let Your righteousness fill my life so I may shine for You in a dark world.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment