Wednesday, October 7, 2020

God Works for those Who Wait

 Scripture:

“For since the world began, no ear has heard and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him!”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭64:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah speaks here about the LORD and says that from the beginning of history, no ear has heard and no eye has seen a god like Yahweh.  There has never been and never will be another god like our God.  He goes on to say that He works for those who wait for Him.

Application:

The world has never seen any god like the one I serve.  He is mighty and powerful and the nations are but a drop in His hand.  He is all-powerful, all-knowing and ever-present, yet He works on my behalf when I wait for Him.  I need to get better at the waiting for Him part.  Though He is all-powerful, this tells me there are times I have to wait for Him to move.  I also need to walk in faith while I’m waiting.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk in faith while waiting on Your promises.  There has never been another God like You.  You created all things.  All things exist for You and all things are from You.  You are the commander of the armies of heaven.  Help me to never doubt or walk in unbelief about who You are.  Let my faith grow stronger and stronger all the days of my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment