Thursday, October 8, 2020

Ask

 Scripture:

“The Lord says, “I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me. I said, ‘Here I am, here I am!’ to a nation that did not call on my name.”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Lord is speaking here and lets His people know that He was ready to respond, but no one asked for help.  He says He was ready to be found, but no one was seeking Him.  God is looking for us to seek Him and to ask of Him.  He desires a people that humble themselves and seek Him instead of trying to do everything on their own.

Application:

We need to stay in a position of asking God for help.  When we become self-reliant, we are in danger.  When we stop seeking God because we feel we can take care of everything ourselves, we are in a bad place.  Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.  The best place we can be as believers is in the place of humility and brokenness before the Lord, inquiring of Him for His help.

Prayer:

Father, let me never walk with out You.  Help me to always call on Your name.  I need You desperately in this season.  Come mighty God and fill my life.  Show me the steps I need to take.  Open doors that no man can close and close doors no man can open.  My life is Yours.  Lead me Holy Spirit into everything You have for my life.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment