Saturday, October 10, 2020

Prepare for Action

 Scripture:

““Get up and prepare for action. Go out and tell them everything I tell you to say. Do not be afraid of them, or I will make you look foolish in front of them.”  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭1:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God is speaking to Jeremiah getting him ready to speak to Israel and Judah as a prophet.  He tells Jeremiah to “Get up and prepare for action.”  He is then told to tell them everything God says to tell them and not to be afraid of them or what they think.  God was setting Jeremiah apart to speak on His behalf and wanted to make sure he was ready for what he would face.

Application:

Sometimes we feel like preparation is not important when it comes to ministry, especially prophetic ministry.  Because prophetic ministry is oftentimes fairly spontaneous, people feel they don’t need to prepare because God will speak to them and they will deliver what He says.  Preparation is an important part of ministry.  We should always be preparing for the next thing God has for us.  We should never settle in where we are and feel like we have arrived, but be constantly preparing for God’s next move in our lives.

Prayer:

Father, let me now despise the seasons of preparation, but work hard so that I am ready for whatever You place in front of me.  Teach me to live a life that is constantly preparing for greater things in You.  Train me, teach me, prepare me, mold me, shape me, and form me into what I need to be in order to fulfill Your will in and through my life.  Help me to live prepared for the next thing You want to do in me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment