Monday, October 19, 2020

Seasons of Discipline

 Scripture:

“I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.””  Jeremiah‬ ‭29:14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah had just told the people that God was putting them into captivity for 70 years because of their disobedience to Him.  He tells the people to pray for the peace of the place they are being banished to.  He tells them during that time to seek the LORD and He will be found by them.  He then tells them He will end their captivity, restore their fortunes, bring them home.

Application:

God never turned His back on His people.  He allowed them to be overthrown by Babylon because of their disobedience, but He gave them instructions of what to do during the season of discipline so they cold come back out and be restored.  God has our restoration plans before we even get disciplined.  He always has a plan to bring back, restore, and bless no matter what e have done.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for not giving up on me.  You always restore and bless my life,  You never give up on us.  You are faithful and trustworthy.  Help me to be more like You every day.  I want to reflect Your glory and represent you well.  Enable me to walk in Your traits and remain faithful to You all the days of my life.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment