Saturday, October 17, 2020

The Power of God’s Word

 Scripture:

“Does not my word burn like fire?” says the Lord. “Is it not like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?”  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭23:29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Lord speaks here through Jeremiah and says that His word is like fire and then goes on to say that it is like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock in pieces.  God’s word is powerful and can burn out the bad in our lives as well as crush the areas that need crushed.  His word will burn, but it will also heal.

Application:

After many years of reading through the Bible each year and doing these daily washes, I can say that God’s word continually speaks to us as we are faithful to read it and study it.  We must allow his word to burn out everything that needs to go from our lives.  We also need to let the hammer of His word crush things in us that are not right.  I don’t want to just read words from a history book, but want to let God’s word change my life into what He wants for me.

Prayer:

Father, I want to serve You well in my generation.  Let Your word burn and crush my life.  Renovate my life with fire and let me be more like You as a result.  Help me not to just read Your word, but let Your word read me and refine me.  Teach me to live according to Your word and Your ways.  Pour out Your Spirit in my life, my home and my church.  I need You now more than ever.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment