Sunday, November 1, 2020

Better Covenant, Better Promises

 Scripture:

“But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises.”  ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭8:6‬ ‭NLT‬

Observation:

The author of Hebrews does an amazing job describing how the ministry of Jesus was so much better than the Covenant God made with Moses.  Jesus here is seen as far superior to the old priesthood.  We are seen to have a better covenant and better promises within that covenant.  Because of Jesus, we have better promises and our sins have truly been eradicated.

Application:

Today my heart is overwhelmed at all Christ did for us.  He has paid the way to a better covenant with His own precious blood.  He is our mediator.  He works on our behalf and has already paid the price for all we need.  We have a high priest who is better than the priests of the Old Covenant.  We should serve with greater passion for Christ because of what He has done for us.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for sending Your Son to mediate a better covenant on my behalf.  I want to thank you ou by giving You my life and dedicating my days to Your purposes.  Enable me to do more for You and Your Kingdom.  Teach me to walk in Your ways and to do the things that are important to You.  Jesus, thank you for mediating for me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment