Thursday, November 12, 2020

When God Speaks

 Scripture:

“Although I have caused his terror to fall upon all the living, Pharaoh and his hordes will lie there among the outcasts who were slaughtered by the sword. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!””  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭32:32‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

During the previous several chapters of God’s revelations to Ezekiel, God repeatedly says He is going to destroy the different nations for their sins.  He goes into detail about many nations.  In this passage, God has spoken that Egypt will fall into the pit and be destroyed for how they treated His people.  He ends His words to them by saying, “I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!”  It is like He is saying, “it is spoken, therefore, you have no hope because when I speak a thing, it comes to pass.”

Application:

When God concludes speaking with saying, “I the Lord have spoken.”  We can rest assured, whatever He spoke, will come to pass.  He is a God of His Word.  When He speaks something from His mouth, it will come to pass, we can rest assured of that.  God doesn’t lie and we can trust His word.  We would do well to know what God has spoken and walk in it.  When Jesus said, “It is finished”, it was like God saying, “I have spoken.”  Through he cross, God has spoken about our freedom from sin, our sicknesses being healed, our deliverance being completed.  He has spoken and we can rest assured that what He said is true and trustworthy.  We need to hear His word, the Bible, because HE HAS SPOKEN.  We need to accept what He has spoken.

Prayer:

Father, You have spoken to us through Your word.  Your word is alive and powerful.  When You speak a thing, it will come to pass.  Speak over my life.  I want to fulfill Your will in every area.  I want to follow You completely.  Let my life be used for Your glory.  Help me to hear Your voice and know that what You speak... will come to pass.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment