Tuesday, November 10, 2020

God’s Got Your Back

 Scripture:

““This is what the Sovereign Lord says: The people of Philistia have acted against Judah out of bitter revenge and long-standing contempt. Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will raise my fist of judgment against the land of the Philistines. I will wipe out the Kerethites and utterly destroy the people who live by the sea.”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭25:15-16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God has such a heart for His people that, even when He punishes them, He will judge those He used to judge His own people.  He will bring revenge on those who mess with His people.  In this passage, God is speaking about Philistia who came with revenge against Judah.  He says He will utterly destroy them and raise His fist of judgment upon them.  God remembers everything and vengeance belongs to Him.

Application:

God keeps good records of how His people are treated and He will repay.  In the NT we see God who is defined by love and good things.  In the OT we are introduced to a God who fights and destroys those who come against His people.  The good news for us is that during the season we are in, God still sees every time we are mistreated.  He still sees every detail of our lives and He will right every wrong.  God takes care of His own and He will work on their behalf.  Our place is to remain faithful to Him and walk in His ways.  When we do, the God who judges the people of Philistia will work on our behalf.

Prayer:

Father, You are so good to Your own.  You have blessed me, favored me, given me opportunities in so many places.  You have helped me so many times I can’t recount them.  Thank You for reminding me this morning that You’ve got my back and that nothing happens to me that You don’t see and that You will repay those who fight against Your own.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment