Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Let His Word Sink into Your Heart

 Scripture:

“Then he added, “Son of man, let all my words sink deep into your own heart first. Listen to them carefully for yourself.”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭3:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This comes at he beginning of Ezekiel’s ministry where God is calling him and telling him that the people would not listen to to him, but he had to go and speak the word of the Lord anyway.  As his ministry preparation, the Lord had him eat the scrolls of the Word of God.  He then told him to let God’s words sink deep into his own heart and listen to them before going to deliver them to others.

Application:

Any time I am going to preach God’s word, I need to let it sink down into my own heart first, before I share it with anyone else.  I need to allow God’s word to work in my own life as I prepare to share it with those around me.  Before we teach, preach, or prophesy, we should allow those words to sink into our own heart so we share what we have processed and not just good information.  I want to preach from my spirit and not just from my head.

Prayer:

Father, help me to spend time in Your word allowing it to work on me before I present it to others.  Let it sink deep into my spirit so I present it to your people with accuracy and fervency.  Help me to communicate well on Your behalf as You give me opportunity.  Forgive me for messages I haven’t spent time letting sink into my own heart before sharing.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment