Saturday, November 7, 2020

God’s Love and Faithfulness

 Scripture:

“And I will reaffirm my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the Lord. You will remember your sins and cover your mouth in silent shame when I forgive you of all that you have done. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!””  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭16:62-63‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking through Ezekiel to the people of Jerusalem in this passage.  He tells how they have abandoned Him and done terrible things, down to sacrificing their children to other gods.  As he approaches the end of promising destruction to His people for their gross sins, He says, “I will reaffirm my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the Lord... when I forgive you of all you have done.”  Even in the midst of judgment, you can see God’s extreme love and faithfulness to His people.

Application:

God judges sin!  There is no doubt about that.  He hates sin and disobedience, and His justice demands that sins be paid for.  Even when we have messed up and walked away from God and His ways, He is always looking for a way to restore us to Him.  Even when He has expressed his hatred of our lifestyles, He never loses sight of His extreme love for us.  We can be confident that God doesn’t walk out on us when we mess up.  He is faithful and always restores.  He just waits on us to see the error of our ways.

Prayer:

Thank You Father, for never giving up on me.  Thank You for Your love and faithfulness, even when I mess up and do my own thing.  You are incredible!  Your love is amazing and Your faithfulness is incredible!  Help me to honor that and never give You reason to have to put up with my disobedience.  Help me to honor You all the days of my life.  I want to do your will all the days of my life.  Let me walk in step with You and never miss out on Your desires and will for my life.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment