Saturday, November 28, 2020

Love and Not Obligation

 Scripture:

“I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings.”  ‭‭Hosea‬ ‭6:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God is speaking to His people.  They were offering sacrifices, but their heart was far from Him.  They were worshiping other gods and wanting to include worshiping the Almighty with worshiping the other things made by hand.  God spoke clearly and strongly letting them know He wanted their heart and not just their words and sacrifices.

Application:

It is easy to allow Christianity to become something we do instead of serving God out of passion and love.  God doesn’t want robots who do right things at the right times.  He wants people who long after Him and worship Him with pure hearts.  He wants worship fueled by love instead of simply obedience.  God wants us to seek Him out and desire Him.  I want my life to be a life of passionate desire for the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, you are awesome and I want to serve You well all the days of my life.  Let my love for You never grow cold and stale.  I want to finish my days in passionate pursuit and not religious obligations.  You are my heart’s desire and I long for You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment