Thursday, November 26, 2020

Love Covers

 Scripture:

“Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.”     ‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Peter tells his audience that the end of the world was coming quickly.  He then tells them because of that, they should show deep love for each other.  He adds this little statement, “lover covers a multitude of sins.”  When God saw the very first sin, His love for man made him a covering.  

Application:

We often hear of tough love and many believe that real love confronts to bring healing.  I personally believe in both, but I also see what Peter is saying here.  There is a time when love will cover things over and a time when love will expose things to bring healing and restoration.  I am in a situation when I have to overlook some things right now and this verse is helping me.  There is a time for each type of love, I just need to hear from God as to when to display each.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to love like You love.  Show me when to be strong and direct and when to overlook or cover things.  Help me not to be an enabler, but to truly bring healing to multitudes.  I want to serve like You would serve and live like You would live. Teach me Your ways.

Yours Forever,

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment