Monday, November 30, 2020

Come Back

 Scripture:

“So now, come back to your God. Act with love and justice, and always depend on him.”  ‭‭Hosea‬ ‭12:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Hosea tells Israel that they have walked away from God and worshiped images made by hand.  He let them know that God was displeased with their behavior.  God cries out to His people, even after many attempts, to come back to Him.  He tells them to act in love and justice and to always depend on Him.  Notice part of their going away from Him was seen in not depending on Him.

Application:

In the Christian life, there are times when we drift.  Maybe we don’t turn our backs on God, but we simply stop depending on Him and trusting Him like we did early in our walk.  When we do this, we are telling GOd we don’t need Him anymore and that we can handle life on our own.  I hear Him calling, “Come Back.  Come back to walking in intimacy with Me.  Come back and walk trust me to open all the right doors in your life.  Come back and lean on Me again.  Come back and believe and trust in Me again.”

Prayer:

Lord, I come back to You.  I look to You.  Help me to not make decisions on my own, but to walk in step with Your Spirit.  Help me to live a Spirit-led life that is dependent on You.  Help me to walk in obedience at all times and to believe You can do what You ask me to do.  Help me to trust You more than I trust myself.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment