Monday, November 16, 2020

Face Down Worship

 Scripture:

“Then the man brought me through the north gateway to the front of the Temple. I looked and saw that the glory of the Lord filled the Temple of the Lord, and I fell face down on the ground.”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭44:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Ezekiel had some powerful encounters with the Lord and angels.  In this one, He saw the glory of the Lord as it fulled the Temple and he fell face down on the ground.  Though he had been in the presence of the Lord many, many times in his life, Ezekiel still understood that face down is the heart of true worship.  Face down means I’m not looking at myself anymore, I am humbling myself before the King of all Kings.

Application:

Sometimes we need to come to the place of face down worship.  First, we need the presence and glory of God to come into our meeting times with Him.  When it comes, there is no problem with face down worship because when He comes at that level, the only option is to fall on your face before Him.  I want to glory of the Lord to come into the house of the Lord once again in a strong way so people fall face down before Him in worship.

Prayer:

Come Holy Spirit.  I long for Your presence.  I long to encounter you like Ezekiel did.  I long to enter Your glory and be changed.  Show me Your glory.  Let Your presence fill my life at new levels.  Let Your presence so fill our church that people fall face down in worship.  Come to Your people O Lord!  I long for You.

Your Servant,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment