Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Accept His Authority

 Scripture:

“Now Christ has gone to heaven. He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angels and authorities and powers accept his authority.”  ‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Peter tells us here that Christ has gone to heaven and sat down at the right hand of the Father.  He goes on to say that his position is above all authorities, powers, and angels.  They all accept His authority.  There is no doubt about His authority in heaven, 

Application:

There is no doubt about Christ’s authority in heave, but sometimes we struggle to believe that on earth.  We must have absolute confidence that Christ is greater than any other principality or power.  We must see Him like the angels and demons see Him.  He is greater than any person or thing that can ever come against us and He is interceding for us even now before the Father.  We must accept His rule and reign in our lives.  He is authority.

Prayer:

Jesus, let me walk in confidence each day that You are elevated above everything that could ever come against me.  You are higher and greater than an enemy arrayed against me.  You are my everything.  Thank You for loving me and placing me under Your authority.  Help me to walk in the authority You have given me as well.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment