Sunday, November 8, 2020

You Can’t Blame Someone Else

 Scripture:

““‘What?’ you ask. ‘Doesn’t the child pay for the parent’s sins?’ No! For if the child does what is just and right and keeps my decrees, that child will surely live.”  Ezekiel‬ ‭18:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here to Ezekiel concerning children paying for their parents sins.  He says that if a child does what is right and keeps His decrees, that child will surely live.  Nobody is judged based on their parents, their upbringing, or anything else.  We will stand before God based on what we did and we can’t blame anyone else.  God is a just God and He would never make one person pay for someone else’s sins.

Application:

I can fully trust God and know that He would never blame me for someone else’s actions.  I will stand before Him on my own and He will judge me according to what I did and I don’t have to fear receiving condemnation for what someone else does.  I make my decisions and I will stand before God on them.  I want to live right before God and man. I want to serve Him well in my generation.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for being just.  Thank You for not judging me for someone else’s sins.  You are faithful and true.  Your ways are the highest and Your thoughts are above all.  Help me to live my life in completer obedience to You.  Speak to me clearly so I may run with Your instructions.  What I don’t hear, I can’t do. Open my ears to hear You and my eyes to see You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment