Saturday, November 14, 2020

Wastelands to Gardens

 Scripture:

“And when I bring you back, people will say, ‘This former wasteland is now like the Garden of Eden! The abandoned and ruined cities now have strong walls and are filled with people!’”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36:35‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here to Ezekiel about His people who had been exiled and taken away from there homeland.  He planned to restore them, but their home had become a wasteland that seemed good for nothing.  The Word of Lord was that the wasteland would become like the Garden of Eden and that GOd would restore and rebuild its cities.

Application:

Sometimes in life it can feel like we have entered into a wasteland that isn’t prospering and hasn’t been maintained.  We can have times when we feel like we are in the desert, but God turns deserts into gardens and causes growth in what seems impossible places.  We have to stop seeing wastelands and start seeing gardens.  God wants to turn our dry areas into blossoming flowers.

Prayer:

Father, take the dry places of my life and let them blossom again.  Pour Your Spirit on my life and let me flourish in You.  I want to know You more and more.  I want to walk with You and work with You to build Your kingdom.  Let me preach with passion that You can turn people’s wastelands into the Garden of Eden.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment