Friday, November 13, 2020

Feed The Sheep

 Scripture:

““Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds, the leaders of Israel. Give them this message from the Sovereign Lord: What sorrow awaits you shepherds who feed yourselves instead of your flocks. Shouldn’t shepherds feed their sheep?”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭34:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God speaks through Ezekiel here to the leaders of Israel.  He says that sorrow awaits the shepherds who feed themselves instead of feeding the sheep that have been entrusted to them.  He speaks to leaders about serving themselves instead of serving those who had been entrusted to them.  Leadership is not about getting ahead and feeding our own egos, reputations, or influence.  It is about taking care of the sheep entrusted to us.

Application:

Leading as a shepherd is crucial in the body of Christ.  I don’t want to lead like a CEO, but a shepherd that feeds the sheep so they follow, not out of position or title, but because they are getting healthier and their needs are being taken care of by their shepherd.  I need to get serious about feeding those better who are entrusted to my care.

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for trying to lead an organization instead of leading people.  Help me to serve Your people well and feed them what You desire them to eat.  Help me to make those You have entrusted to my leadership strong and healthy.  Enable me to lead Your people well and may they be super strong and resilient because they have eaten what is good for them and not just what feels good.

Your Son and Servant,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment