Monday, April 2, 2018

Proof

Scripture:

John 13:35 "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."

Observation:

Jesus had been talking to his disciples about the Jewish leaders and how they were going to come against him and kill him.  He tells them in verse 34 "So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other.  Just as I have loved you, you should love each other".

Application:

Jesus gives His disciples a new commandment and then tells them that obedience to this one commandment will prove whether they are His disciples or not.  The proof is in the obedience to this one command.  He says if we love one another well, it will prove to the world we are his disciples.  We must learn to love what God loves and hate what God hates.

Prayer:

Lord, let Your love flow through my life.  Help me to love well.  Let Your Spirit flow freely through my life so that all may feel Your love.  Help me to love those who are easy to love as well as those who are hard to love.  I see how You loved Judas when You knew he would betray you.  Help me to love Your people well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment