Monday, April 9, 2018

Excuses Affect Destiny

Scripture:

Joshua 15:63 "But the tribe of Judah could not drive out the Jebusites, who live in the city of Jerusalem, so the Jebusites live there among the people of Judah to this day."

Observation:

God had given the entire Promised Land to the people of Israel, but they had to fight for it.  The tribe of Judah gave up on conquering Jerusalem instead of pressing until they won.  The Bible records here that the Jebusites stayed there in Jerusalem with the people of Judah.  This was not God's plan, but man settled for it.

Application:

 In our lives, sometimes there are things God wants us to have, but we can settle than less than God's best instead of fighting for His promises.  I need to fight for the promises God has given me and walk by faith when it seems the promises won't come to pass.  Whenever we settle for second best, we will always pay the consequences down the road.  I want God's best for my life.

Prayer:

Father, don't let me be a settler.  Help me to press into the promises You have made me in my life.  Teach me to fight for what You desire for me.  Take me from being passive to walking in authority and not settling for second best or whatever is given to me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment