Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Even Though

Scripture:

Joshua 17:18 "The forests of the hill country will be yours as well.  Clear as much of the land as you wish, and take possession of its farthest corners.  And you will drive out the Canaanites from the valleys, too, even though they are strong and have iron chariots."

Observation:

Joshua had been promised all of the land and knew God was able to defeat any group that was in that land.  He had witnessed how God worked in and through His people and had no doubt about God's ability.  He tells Ephraim and Manasseh, "you will drive out the Canaanites from the valleys, too, even though they are strong and have iron chariots."

Application:

Even though things in life may be difficult, God is still able to do what He has promised.  Our trust cannot and should not be in ourselves, but in God and His ability.  May we learn to say, even though it seems impossible in our flesh, God is able to bring us into His victory.  Even though I don't see an answer, God does.

Prayer:

Father, help me when I see potential problems, to also hear the words "even though".  I love it when you are real with me.  You admit, there are some real problems, but, even so, I'm can still do what I said I can do.  Help me to walk in faith and believe You to accomplish Your will in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment