Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Locked Doors

Scripture:

John 20:19  "That Sunday evening the disciples were meeting behind locked doors because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders.  Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! 'Peace be with you,' he said."

Observation:

The disciples were together in a place with the doors locked and suddenly, the resurrected Jesus was right there with them.  He didn't need a key to open the door.  He just appeared, breaking the laws of physics and of the natural world.

Application:

As I was reading this morning, I realized that Jesus doesn't need open doors to walk through.  We always pray that God will open doors and close doors, and it is accurate because Revelation talks about door being opened and closed.  What I'm getting this morning is that, even when the doors are closed, Jesus can show up anywhere, any time.  He doesn't need the doors to be opened.  I need to invite Jesus into everything I am doing.  He is above the laws of nature and physics.   He can walk through closed doors.  What seems closed, may not be closed for Jesus.

Prayer:

Lord, let me walk in greater faith today.  Help me to follow You completely.  Teach me You ways.  Walk into every part of my life, the opened and the closed areas.  More than anything God, let Your kingdom come and Your will be done in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment