Friday, April 27, 2018

The Spirit of the Lord Makes the Difference

Scripture:

Judges 15:14-15 "But the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon Samson, and he snapped the ropes on his arms as if they were burnt strands of flax, and they fell from his wrists.  Then he found the jawbone of a recently killed donkey.  He picked it up and killed 1,000 Philistines with it."

Observation:

The Spirit of the Lord is powerful.  When He comes upon a person, nothing is impossible for them.  The Spirit of the Lord came upon Samson and caused him to kill 1,000 men with the jawbone of a donkey.  The natural becomes supernatural when the Spirit of the Lord comes upon it. 

Application:

We don't want to be like Samson in the way he constantly blew it on his vows to God, but we can learn something here from him and the Lord.  The thing we need more than anything else in our lives is the Spirit of the Lord to be upon us.  When the Spirit of the Lord is upon your life, you are unstoppable. 

Prayer:

Lord, pour out Your Spirit in my life.  Let Your hand be upon me to accomplish Your purposes.  I don't want to walk in my own power or strength, but in the power and strength of the Lord.  Come upon my life and help me do Your will in the earth.  I want more of Your Spirit in and on my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment