Friday, April 6, 2018

Don't Bring Trouble

Scripture:

Joshua 6:18  "Do not take any of the things set apart for destruction, or you yourselves will be completely destroyed, and you will bring trouble on the camp of Israel."

Observation:

God always makes covenants with His people.  Here He tells them not to take any plunder from Jericho when He gives it into their hands.  He tells them to destroy everything and then the valuable things would go to God.  He wanted it all.   Here the Lord reminds them not to keep any for themselves, and if they profited personally from this, He would bring trouble on their camp.

Application:

We can't have what belongs to the Lord.  He does ask for certain things from His people.  He wants us to follow Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.  When He says not to touch something, we shouldn't touch it.  When we honor Him, our lives are blessed.  When we dishonor Him, our lives will always have trouble.  If God says He wants something, we must respond.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for showing me this today.  I want to walk in obedience to your word and your Spirit.  I want to live a life that You can bless.  Help me to live according to Your ways.  Show me day by day what you want for my life and I will say yes. 

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment