Monday, April 30, 2018

Praying for God's People

Scripture:

Romans 1:9 "God knows how often I pray for you.  Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about his Son."

Observation:

Paul was writing to the Romans, who he had never been able to be with at this point, and he tells them that he prays for them day and night for their needs.  He tells them that God knows this is true.  Apparently Paul prayed continually for people and churches around the world.  Not just once in a while, but constantly.

Application:

I need to spend more time in prayer for my church family, my city, my nation and the world.  Most of my prayer time is personal about me and my family, but I want that to change.  I want to begin to pray more for others and to stand in the gap for those I may not even know.  I desire to walk like Paul as he prayed for people.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to pray.  Help me to not just spend time communing with you, but to spend time praying for those around me, those near me, and those far from me.  Let my life be an intercession for the lost, the newly found and the long time followers of Christ.  Teach me to be an intercessor for others.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment