Saturday, April 21, 2018

The Call of God

Scripture:

Acts 26:18 "to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.  Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God's people, who are set apart by faith in me."

Observation:

Paul's calling was clear, direct, and straight from Jesus Himself.  He was told specifically that he was called to open people's eyes so they could turn from darkness to light and from Satan's power to God's.  As a result, they would receive forgiveness for sins and be given a place with God's people.

Application:

We need to seek God until He clearly speaks to us about our lives.  Paul knew the what of his calling, but at times in his travels he didn't know the who he was to minister to.  There were times he was unclear about his direction, but he knew his calling and could clearly communicate it at any time.  We need to know our purpose and calling and operate out of that.

Prayer:

Father, make my calling and purpose more clear to me each day.  Let me fulfill Your will every day of my life.  Help me to walk with You and to know what to do at each step in my life.  Show me the way forward that I may fulfill my calling.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment