Thursday, April 5, 2018

Leadership

Scripture:

Joshua 3:7  "The Lord told Joshua, 'Today I will begin to make you a great leader in the eyes of all the Israelites.  They will know that I am with you, just as I was with Moses.'"

Observation:

Moses had died and he did the best he could to prepare Joshua and the people for Joshua's leadership of Israel.  At this point, the Lord steps up and lets Joshua know that He was going to make a great leader of Joshua in the eyes of the people.  Moses had done his part in preparing Joshua, but Joshua also needed God to raise him up in the eyes of the people.

Application:

In Christian leadership, we can prepare, work, study, and do everything we possibly can to become better leaders, but God must always remain the center.  He is the one who has the ability to raise us up in a moment.  Leaders arise out of bad situations and sometimes God may stir things up a little so your leadership can develop.  In Christian leadership, we need to do our part, but also know that God ultimately raises up leaders.

Prayer:

Lord, make me the leader I need to be in order to accomplish what You want me to accomplish.  Teach me to lead well.  Help me to walk in a way that pleases You above all.  You know what's best and I submit to You.  I am doing my part in preparation, now I surrender to You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment