Monday, April 23, 2018

Drive Out What God Says Drive Out

Scripture:

Judges 2:2-3 "for your part, you were not to make any covenants with the people living in this land; instead, you were to destroy their altars.  But you disobeyed my command.  Why did you do this? So now I declare that I will no longer drive out the people living in your land.  They will be thorns in your sides, and their gods will be a constant temptation to you".

Observation:

The people of Israel only obeyed God to the point that they felt they needed to.  Instead of doing exactly what God told them to do, they thought to themselves that God's way was a little overkill.  They decided to only do a fraction of what God told them.  What they left undone, came back to haunt them and became thorns to their sides and constant temptation to them.

Application:

When we come to God, we must learn to do things His way and not our own.  Partial obedience doesn't work with God.  He wants us to trust Him completely and do what He wants.  When we do this, we are promised victory, success, prosperity, and His blessing.  When we do things our own way, we can expect Him to lift his hand of blessing off of our lives.

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You completely and not to just do what seems right to me.  I don't want any thorns in my side in my life.  I want to live in Your blessing and goodness.  Help me to completely fulfill Your will in every area of my life.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment