Saturday, March 31, 2018

You Will Understand

Scripture:

John 8:28 "So Jesus said, 'When you have lifted up the Son of Man on the cross, then you will understand that I Am He.  I do nothing on my own but say only what the Father taught me'".

Observation:

The Pharisees where confronting Jesus about who He was.  They were accusing Him of claiming to be the Son of God.  His response to them was that when they lifted Him up on the cross, they would understand He was God in the flesh.  At the cross, darkness covered the earth fir three hours and then when He breathed His last breath there was an earthquake and graves opened and people came back to life.  At that point, I think they understood His claims were true.

Application:

Jesus says here that He did nothing except what the Father told Him to do.  He said the Pharisees would know He was God when they put Him on the cross.  We need to honor Jesus and follow Him completely because He is who He said He is.  We should seek to follow Him in doing what the Father wants in the earth and saying what the Father is saying.

Prayer:

Lord, forgive me for not following You completely.  Enable me to do Your will on the earth.  Help me to walk in Your power and let me hear Your voice so I can do what You desire.  Let this be an incredible weekend at Word of Life.  Save souls.  Bring people to Yourself.  Use me to declare Your truth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment