Monday, March 26, 2018

Always on Top

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 28:13 "If you listen to these commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today, and if you carefully obey them, the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you will always be on top and never at the bottom."

Observation:

God laid out His commands and Law to the people of Israel.  He told them exactly what He expected as their time to enter the Promised land neared.  Then He told the the blessings and curses that will follow with obedience or disobedience.  In this verse He told His people if they would obey Him, they would be the head and they would always be on top and never at the bottom.

Application:

Our obedience is directly associated with our obedience.  When we walk in obedience to the Father, He will raise us up and make us the head in whatever we do.  When we walk in obedience to the Him, He will cause us to be on top and never on the bottom.  When we are serious about obedience, God gets serious about blessing us.  Our job is obedience, His job is blessing.

Prayer:

Father, let my life shine as an example of obedience to You in all areas.  Help me to follow You completely and live a yielded life.  Teach me to hear Your voice clearly so I can follow You completely.  As I read Your word, speak to me about my life and help me to live an obedient life.  As I do my part, raise up my life and let me make a difference for you and Your kingdom in all the earth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment