Saturday, March 17, 2018

The Wilderness

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 1:2  "Normally it takes only eleven days to travel from Mount Sinai to Kadesh-Barnea, going by was of Mount Seir."

Observation:

Deuteronomy starts out by reminding the Israelites that it should have only taken eleven days to get to the entrance of the Promised Land, but it was going to take forty years because of their disobedience.  They had been to the edge of the promise, but got in the flesh, therefore they had to spend the next forty years in the wilderness.

Application:

Sometimes we can be right on the edge of a great victory, but we think it is impossible.  Sometimes God will promise us things, but our disobedience will either cancel the promise or delay it dramatically.  We must learn to obey quickly, whether we think we can do it or not.  We must always say yes to God.  No has terrible consequences.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible and I am honored to serve You.  Help me to obey quickly and to do what you ask my to.  Deliver me from myself and my thoughts of inadequacy.  Deliver me from thinking I can't, when You have said I can.  Help me to walk in complete obedience.  I want to walk in Your blessing.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment