Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Covenant

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 29:9 "Therefore, obey the terms of this covenant so that you will prosper in everything you do."

Observation:

God has just given a covenant to Israel as a nation.  If they do their part of the covenant, He will bless them and raise them up as an incredible success story.  If they don't do their part of the covenant, they will experience his wrath and He will turn them over to themselves where they will live under a curse.  They knew what they were getting into.

Application:

Many times we make covenants with God.  We make promises, "if you will hear my prayer, I will do whatever you want the rest of my life".  God answers our prayer, yet we don't come through on our part of the agreement.  God is a God of promise, when He promises something... it will happen!  He wants us to be like Him... When we promise Him something, He expects it to happen.  May I learn to walk in obedience and fulfill all He has asked me to do so I may walk in His blessings.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to follow you wholeheartedly like Caleb and Joshua.  Help me to do everything You put in my heart.  May Your name be praised in and through my life.  Teach me to honor my covenants and then bless my life.  Bless me with a new house where we can take care of my mother in law better.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment