Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Blessing

Scripture:

Numbers 6:24-27 "May the Lord bless you and protect you.  May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you.  May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.  Whenever Aaron and his sons bless the people of Israel in my name, I myself will bless them."

Observation:

God gave Aaron and his sons a very particular way to bless the people of Israel.  He gave them the exact words to say, then He went on to say whenever they blessed the people of Israel in his name, He would bless them himself.  God was working with man to bring about his blessing.

Application:

In the New Covenant we are a kingdom of priests.  We have the ability to stand in the presence of God and bless the people of God.  When we follow God's ways, we get God's results.  We must learn to speak God's blessing over people's lives, then believe that He will bring it to pass according to His promise. 

Prayer:

Father, let me learn to speak Your blessing over Your people.  Help me to understand this concept at a higher level.  I want to see the people I serve blessed in every way.  When I bless them, please bless them.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment