Friday, March 23, 2018

Offer Your Best

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 17:1 "Never sacrifice sick or defective cattle, sheep, or goats to the Lord your God, for He detests such gifts."

Observation:

When God was talking to His people about their offerings, He was clear that the offerings were not to be the worst of their flocks or the leftovers, but the firstborn and the best of their flocks.  It actually says that He detests such gifts.

Application:

When we offer ourselves to the Lord, we need to give Him our very best.  He doesn't want our leftover time, talent and treasure.  He wants to be honored first and above all else.  He wants us to seek first his kingdom and righteousness, then all these other things will be added to use.  What we present to the Lord needs to be our best.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of my very best.  Forgive me for not offering my best at all times.  Enable and empower me to offer you the best of who I am.  You are worthy of honor and glory, help me to walk with You in all ways and to always present my best and first to you.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment