Thursday, March 29, 2018

Without Limit

Scripture:

John 3:34 "For he is sent by God.  He speaks God's words, for God gives him the Spirit without limit."

Observation:

As John is describing Jesus, he says that He is sent by God and speaks God's words.  Then he adds, "God gives him the Spirit without limit".  John described Jesus as having the Spirit without limit.  I love that wording. 

Application:

My desire is to be filled with the Spirit 'without limit'.  Jesus humbled himself and walked on this earth as a man.  He set aside His divinity so He could experience what we experience, yet He did it without sin.  He received the Spirit without limit.  I want to remove everything in my life that hinders the flowing of the Holy Spirit.  I want His Spirit to work in and through my life without limit.  I don't want my issues to hinder God's Spirit from working in and through my life.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be filled with Your Spirit without limit.  Help me to seek You more and more and to be filled to overflowing with Your Spirit.  I want to see more and more lives transformed by Your Spirit.  You are the source of everything spiritual.  Baptize me afresh with Your Spirit.  Let me live a yielded life that walks in submission to You in everything.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment