Thursday, March 22, 2018

Give Generously

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 15:10 "Give generously to the poor, not grudgingly, for the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do."

Observation:

As God was giving out His commands for His people as they were to live in the Promised Land, He reminded His people to always give generously to the poor.  He added a promise that when they did it, not grudgingly, He would bless everything they did.  A few verses above this He said there should be no poor among them.

Application:

God does look out for the poor.  Throughout Scripture, we see God wanting the poor to be taken care of.  I know I struggle at times with feeling people are poor because of bad decisions they have made or because of things they have done.  Therefore I justify not helping because they may use it for something I don't approve of.  God doesn't say that, He says we need to give generously to the poor, and then the Lord will bless us.  We must learnt to give and trust the Lord to bless.

Prayer:

Lord forgive me for not giving more generously to the poor.  Help me to see the poor like You see them and give me a heart of compassion.  Show me where the balance is in all of this between being used and giving generously.  I want to walk with You in this area of my life.  Show me the way forward.  I want to walk in Your blessing.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment