Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Choice

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 11:26  "Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse!"

Observation:

God had gone to great lengths in this chapter and prior, to let His people know that if they would follow Him wholeheartedly, He would bless them, prosper them, protect them, and multiply them.  He also told them that if they worshiped other gods, he would curse them and they would love everything.  In this verse, He tells them they had a choice in the matter.  Obedience brings blessing and disobedience brings a curse.

Application:

Yes, Jesus became a curse for us so that we wouldn't be under a curse.  Yes, we are in the New Testament, but God still looks for a people who will be completely His and who will follow His ways and submit to Him.  He still wants to be first and most important in our lives.  We have a choice.  We can follow Him completely and prepare to be blessed, or we can do things our own way and try to make it without His blessing.  I would much rather have His blessing.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to follow You completely.  I want to hear Your voice and follow.  I choose your blessing and obedience today.  Help me to follow exactly what You want me to do.  Teach me Your ways and let me fulfill Your will in the earth in my day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment