Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Lord's Command

Scripture:

Numbers 9:23 "So they camped or traveled at the Lord's command, and they did whatever the Lord told them through Moses."

Observation:

This is a reference to the pillar of cloud and fire that led the people of Israel as they journeyed through the wilderness.  When the cloud moved, they moved.  They followed the cloud and didn't ask why.  When the cloud moved, they would tear down the camp and begin moving with it.  Whatever the Lord told them through Moses, they did.

Application:

The words, "whatever the Lord told them to do", stood out to me.  Can I say in my life, "whatever the Lord tells me to do", I will do?  As believers, we need to live our lives with this attitude.  Jesus gave His life for us, therefore, we should be willing to do whatever He says with our lives.  Our lives need to be lives of obedience, no matter what He tells us to do.  When He speaks, we need to respond.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to follow Your voice fully and completely.  Help me not to delay, but to respond to Your words.  I want to follow You in doing "whatever" You tell me.  Open my ears spiritually so I can hear clearly.  I want to follow You completely.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment