Thursday, March 1, 2018

Put It Into Practice

Scripture:

Luke 11:28  "Jesus replied, 'But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice'".

Observation:

Jesus had a lady speak out in a crowd and said how blessed Jesus' mother was for giving birth to him.  Jesus replied to her that "even more blessed" are those who hear God's word and do it.  Mary has been honored by all as the mother of Jesus, but Jesus says when we hear the word and obey it, we are more blessed than Mary.

Application:

I need to focus more on putting into practice the Word of God when I read it.  We need to read for the purpose of obedience and putting into practice what we are reading.  When we read that way, we will be more blessed than Mary, the mother of Jesus according to His own words.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in obedience to You and Your Word.  Let the Word of God come alive in me.  Help me to walk more and more in line with Your Word.  I want to walk in your blessing.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment