Wednesday, February 28, 2018

How You Hear

Scripture:

Luke 8:18 "So pay attention to how you hear.  To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given.  But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them."

Observation:

Jesus told the parable of the soils to talk about how we hear His words.  He told his followers to pay attention "how" they heard.  Usually we pay attention to what is said, but He told them to pay attention to How they were hearing.

Application:

How we hear is crucial in following Jesus.  How we hear the words of the Lord really deals with the condition of our hearts.  When we read the Word, are we reading with a humble and hungry heart?  Are we reading with a heart to implement what we learn?  How we hear is crucial in following Christ.  We must pay attention to how we hear.

Prayer:

God, let Your word penetrate my heart every time I open it.  Speak to me and let me have a heart that pays attention, not only to what You say, but to how I hear it.  Let me hear You clearly.  Let my heart be right so that I hear exactly what You want me to hear and help me to do the things I clearly hear.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment