Thursday, February 22, 2018

Christ's Sacrifice

Scripture:

Leviticus 16:34 "This is a permanent law for you, to purify the people of Israel from their sins, making them right with the Lord once each year.  Moses followed all these instructions exactly as the Lord had commanded him".

Observation:

Aaron was told exactly and in extreme detail what he must do once per year in order to annually have the sins of the people of Israel purified.  He and Moses made sure they did exactly what the Lord wanted so that the sins of the people could be purified once per year.  When Jesus came, He made a way for us to walk in forgiveness and to be totally cleansed from sin.  Rather than once per year, Jesus made a way for us to live in right relationship with God.

Application:

This makes me want to serve Jesus all the more.  He has forgiven my sins and cleansed me from all unrighteousness.  He has taken my sins away, not just annually, but once and for all.  He was the ultimate sacrifice.  Rather than a priest offering sacrifices one a year, I have permanent and immediate access to the Father through Jesus.  Because of Jesus, I don't have to go through a purification process to come to God.  Thank You Jesus!

Prayer:

Father, thank you for sending Your Son to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins.  Thank you for accepting me without having to go through a purification ritual annually.  You made an incredible way for me to be holy and I stand in awe of You.  You are the best!  Commune with me as friend with friend.  I want to know You more and more.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment