Saturday, February 10, 2018

Just as the Lord Commanded

Scripture:

Exodus 39:43 "Then Moses inspected all their work.  When he found it had been done just as the Lord commanded him, he blessed them."

Observation:

The words, "just as He commanded them," are found several times in this particular chapter.  The people of God built the tabernacle "just as God had commanded Moses."  They were extremely particular to do everything exactly how God had prescribed.  When Moses saw it was done down to the exact details, he blessed them.

Application:

Sometimes we bless terrible work.  In the Hebrew, the word for worship and the word for work are actually the same word.  In other words, our work is very much attached to our worship.  When we do things for the Lord, do we do them "just as the Lord commands?"  Do we give God our very best as a form of worship?  Are we concerned with the details or do we feel, "it's good enough?"  Maybe we need to revisit doing the things we do as doing them unto the Lord.  He is an excellent God and He deserves excellence.

Prayer:

Father, help me to lead an excellent life.  Teach me to fulfill all You put into my heart.  Let me do the absolute best I can in every detail of what You ask me to do.  Let me live out my life, "just as You commanded."

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment