Friday, February 2, 2018

What Are You Really Accomplishing?

Scripture:

Exodus 18:14 "When Moses' father-in-law saw all that Moses was doing for the people, he asked, 'What are you really accomplishing here?' Why are you trying to do all this alone while everyone stands around you from morning till evening?"

Observation:

Moses was spending his day dealing with every little matter in a camp of a couple million people.  He heard every dispute, fight, made every decision, etc.  He did everything and everyone else apparently watched.  His father-in-law asked what this was really accomplishing and Moses changed.

Application:

The words, "What are you really accomplishing?" jumped of the page to me this morning.  I have been a hard worker for a long time and it hasn't gotten me where I thought I would be by now.  I want to accomplish more in my next 20 years than I did in my last 20.  It does help me to realize Moses was 80 when he was learning this lesson.  Anyway, I know I need to re-strategize my life and re-prioritize my life.  I want to accomplish more for the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to assess everything in my life from the way I lead to the way I work.  Show me how to be the most productive in the shortest amount of time.  Teach me to lead well and to train and empower leaders to make a difference. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment