Tuesday, February 27, 2018

True Children

Scripture:

Luke 6:35 "Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked."

Observation:

Jesus said to love our enemies and lend to them without expecting to be repaid.  He said when we do that, we are acting like true children of God and we can expect a great reward in heaven.  God is kind to those who are wicked and, as His children, we best reflect Him when we are also.

Application:

Doing good to those who are your enemies is difficult stuff, but when we do it, we are reflecting God's heart and love.  On earth, there won't be much reward for that, but in heaven, great reward will come.  I guess the question for us is, do we want our reward now or in heaven.  We must treat people like God would on earth and be rewarded greatly in heaven.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to be a blessing at all times.  Help me to reflect Your love and compassion to all, even those who don't do what I think they should.  Teach me to walk in humility and love.  I want to act as a child of God.  I want to fulfill Your purposes in the earth in my day.  Help me to reflect You better and to live a life that demonstrates kingdom principles.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment