Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Prayer and Forgiveness

Scripture:

Mark 11:24-25 "I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours.  But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins too."

Observation:

Jesus said here that if was ask anything and believe we have received it, we will have it.  Those are powerful words!  He added a "but" to his statement.  He added, but when you are praying, forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against.  This is the difficult part.

Application:

We all want to pray and receive everything we pray for, but nobody wants to forgive everyone we have a grudge against.  I need to learn to walk in forgiveness and believe God for miracles.  I don't want my miracle held up because I've got a grudge against someone.

Prayer:

Lord, I forgive everyone who ever has caused me hurt.  Enable me to live a life that holds no grudges.  I want to live like You desire me to live.  You are the best and I want to forgive like You do.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment