Thursday, February 15, 2018

Watch for Him

Scripture:

Mark 13:37 "I say to you what I say to everyone: Watch for him!"

Observation:

Jesus had been talking to his disciples about the last days and what would happen before His return.  He reminds them that they must keep watch because the Son of Man could come at a time that nobody expects.  He is telling them to keep looking up and watching for His coming.

Application:

We have gotten really good as the Christian church, at learning to live well while here on the earth.  We offer programs and classes to help people do better in this life and this is all really good stuff.  We are called to love our neighbors and to help them.  My concern here is that we are doing so good at preparing people to live here on earth that we are not doing good at preparing them to live for eternity.  We must stay ready for His return and be looking up because we don't know exactly when, but He is coming soon.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to keep looking up.  Help me to keep looking for Your return and preparing myself and others for that day.  Help me not to be so busy trying to make things better today, that I take my eyes off of You and eternity.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment