Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Distinguish

Scripture:

Leviticus 10:10-11  "You must distinguish between what is sacred and what is common, between what is ceremonially unclean and what is clean.  And you must teach the Israelites all the decrees that the Lord has given them through Moses."

Observation:

The spoke to Aaron about his descendants, who would be the priests of the Lord.  One of the many things He gave them to follow was that they must distinguish between common and sacred, between clean and unclean.  They were also to teach the decrees to God's people.

Application:

We are all God's priesthood because of the blood of Jesus.  We need a renewed revelation of what is clean and unclean, and what is common compared to sacred.  In the OT, God was very clear concerning what was common and what was sacred.  Today, we need the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth.  We need Him to show us what is common and what is sacred.  May God help me distinguish between clean and unclean.  May He help me distinguish between sacred and holy.  To many today, nothing is sacred and everything is common.  I want to be able to distinguish what pleases God from what doesn't.

Prayer:

Here my cry oh God.  I want my life to please You.  Show me what is common and what is sacred.  Help me to never grieve the Holy Spirit.  Show me what pleases You and what You don't want me to do.  It seems today and people can't distinguish holy from unholy.  Help me to be able to distinguish and live a life that pleases You.  That is my top priority.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment