Friday, February 23, 2018

Firstfruits

Scripture:

Leviticus 19:24-25 "In the fourth year the entire crop must be consecrated to the Lord as a celebration of praise.  Finally, in the fifth year you may eat the fruit.  If you follow this pattern, your harvest will increase.  I am the Lord your God."

Observation:

The Lord said here in the Law that when you plant a fruit tree, you have to let it grow for three years before you harvest anything, then the entire fourth year harvest goes to the Lord.  He says, if they would do that, their harvest would increase.  God got the entire first harvest!  If they did that, then He would bless the tree and make it productive.

Application:

God always wants our firstfruits.  He doesn't want our leftovers.  He asks His people to trust Him by giving Him the first portion of everything.  Many would argue that this is an OT principle, but I believe we see the heart that God rewards.  When you are excited that your finally getting a harvest, then give it all to God, you are truly trusting Him and offering a sacrifice.  When we offer God our very best, He always blesses it.

Prayer:

Father, help me to understand and walk in firstfruits.  I gave You my life many years ago and You have blessed me incredibly.  Help me to bring sacrifices to You that honor You.  I want to live a blessed life.  Your blessing is important to me.  Give me the faith to walk this out in my everyday life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment